Saturday 14 May 2011

6 more Sleeps!!





Another week down!! only 6 more days to go, until we are in full Uniform at the Graduation!! Can't wait! Our week this week was much more exciting then the last few! It was a lot of hands on! We learned about HiJackers, our secret codes when there are hijackers, all the first aid stuff we need to know, and how to fight fires, (in heels)!! We have no more exams now, except the final one on Tuesday! Today we are doing our individual emergency demo's for our teachers. So she tells me what position I am on the plane, and then yells BRACE BRACE BRACE! and we need to go from there and do the whole, emergency, bend down, take off seat belts, use the closest exit, jump on the raft, and then tell her the emergency equipment we need to bring off, then jump off! So It sounds kinda easy but we cant even miss one word (in french or English) or we don't pass.. we have 3 shots at it! And there is different procedures for landing on land, and landing in the water!!  So we do individual today, and group drills tomorrow! then Monday I'm not sure whats left to do! Thursday was really fun. When we got to class we all had to go get fire extinguishers and go outside and put out a fire the right way. Then we got to go on the plane, and serve each other for a few hours! So we sat up in first class, ate first class meals, drank first class wine, and learned how to work the ovens and everything! Our teacher insisted we try each of the 4 kinds of wine (so we will know for reference).. so we didn't disagree... it was fun!! Except for writing two exams after having 4 glasses of wine! haha! I got 98% and 97%.. so I guess it helped!! I had yesterday off, and it was another beautiful day! Sorry to all you maritimers with all the rain!! Sounds awful! Its been sunny and over 20 here all week! Yesterday we went for brunch, 3 girls in my class, and then walked around downtown all afternoon! We went to see the movie Bridesmaids..highly recommended... I have never laughed so hard consecutively for that amount of time! So hilarious!! Then I met up with some friends from the east coast, and went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant downtown!! It was yummy! Thennn, it finally started to rain, so now I feel your pain! I am pretty positive I am getting places in Toronto! I emailed one of the ladies to ask, because I want to start looking for places to live! Its not gonna be easy getting there and finding somewhere in only a few days, so I'm looking now! She told me that most positions are going to be in Toronto, and that I will most likely be there!! But I think we find out for sure Monday! We have our exam on Tuesday, and then Wednesday and Thursday are Admin days, where we get to find out our schedules, our benefits, get our uniforms, get our airport pass's.. all the stuff we have been waiting for for the whole training!! I better go study my commands now.. Enjoy your weekends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment