Wednesday 18 May 2011

Toronto Toronto Toronto!

So I'll make this short and sweet, and I haven't taken any pictures since my last post to show! This week has been so exciting! We passed all of our group drills on the weekend, and had our final exam on Tuesday! My average for all my exams was 96%! So I did really well! So after our exam we went on our Fam Flight. IT was really cool! We went for about 2 hours. They didn't have real turbulence to show us, so the pilots actually just like flew straight down really fast and then back up and then side to side like sharp turns.. it felt really cool.. and people were like falling that were standing up!! So they just brought us through a typical emergency flight procedure! Then we got off and got our awesome luggage, with our uniforms inside!! So interesting! I have taken pictures I guess with my uniform, but I will save posting them until we actually get professional ones done! The uniform and luggage is really awesome, we are spoiled!! We got our bases after that, even though I knew I was getting Toronto. There were 137 people in our class, and about 120 are in toronto, and 10 in vancouver and 7 in montreal! So even if I had chose another base I prob woulda been sent to Toronto anyway! Today we had classroom session of like info we need to know all day, and same for tomorrow. So today we learned our scheduling procedure a little, and our safety forms we need to fill out, and our benefits! So interesting. We are on a 6 month probation until we can use them, but for now we can still request for extra jumpseats on flights with air transat and canjet for free.. so Its gonna be an awesome summer! Our parents get like basically free, and we get to pick a companion (prob Rod).. and then we can bring a buddy anytime we want for a flat rate of 200$ to any destination for the buddy, as long as we are with them! Its also with like porter, virgin, soutwest, alaskan, hawiian, porter, canjet etc.. airlines! there are a ton I'v never even heard of, but I'm sure I will be putting them all to good use! So exciting! Tomorrow we learn a bit more about it, also our pay and stuff too! So thats about it so far! We have a hotel at the hilton next week in Toronto for a week for some more meetings and orientation, so it's all gonna be exciting!! Glad to hear the sun came out at home today :P Hope all is well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment