Monday 2 May 2011

YHZ, LHR, CDG, YUL... TOO MANY AIRPORT CODES!

I am going to make this one short and sweet, but no promises! I am just realizing that my ME-time, is going to be limited to nothing in the next 2 and a half weeks, and even while I'm peeing I will be rhyming off Airport Codes.. turns out we only need to know about 100 of the 168 they gave us to memorize, thinking that was a relief, its still impossible! Especially when the ones like, Paris, have no letters in it that even make you think of Paris.. CDG.. ?! Silly Really.. Canada adapted the smart code, and started all of ours with a Y at least.. giving us a head start! So Since my last post.. hmm.. Saturday and Sunday were utterly beautiful. about 20- 25 both days, and so Nice! Saturday me and Angie went to the Mont Royal park downtown(picture of park), and decided we would study in style.. instead of sitting in our hotel room... well I don't think I even took one note,or memorized one code.. but we did see lots of interesting people.. including a Yoga instructor that came and asked us for sunscreen and asked if we knew where he could get water.. then mistakenly told us he lived at the top of the hill?... We're not that blonde mister.. So yes, day in the park = success.. burnt our blonde bodies off, and still suffering.. but totally worth it, since it hada little sense of summer! We decided saturday that we would head out that night, as it was our last real night of freedom before we get stuck studying.. like now. So we stayed in a Hostel downtown, met some cool folks from around the world,and went out an had some drinks, and played mario cart, until the wee hours of the morning! We got up and checked out and went farmer market hunting.. we found two, second one being more successful than the first, as it had poutine.. mmm.and we people watched again for a while.. It was another really hot day but sadly we actually did need to study. We went back to the hotel and studied all evening, took a little Tim's break and went to bed early. From now on we have an exam everyday. We need to get 85 on each exam, most of the 20 questions, so we cant get more then a few questions wrong, and have 3 chances if we fail,(i think). So today we wrote our first one on everything we learned last week, and from now on we write everyday on waht we learned the day before! My days will go like this: Wake up at 8-8:30.. Jump in the pool to wake me up, eat... run up some stairs (im ditching the elevators since I have no time to go to the gym, and I live on the 6th floor).. Study till 1. Get ready till 2... Get on the bus to go to Air Transat Base.. and class till 11:30! Yay? Only a few weeks left! So thats that.... I am tired now and ready for bed... and hope I didn't Bore you!! I dont really understand politics period, but by the sounds it sounds interesting.. and cheers to Osama!! Especially for us in the Aviation Field, lots of happy flight crews today!! Good Night!!, oh and can I just mention that I am SOOO SOO Thankful for my amazing Family (especially you aunt's).. and friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment