Friday 29 April 2011

Month in Montreal Begins!


What a super time in Montreal so far!! I arrived on Monday evening, and checked into my new home/hotel room.. which I will be in until May 20th! I had the room to myself for the first time, so I had a great sleep and got used to the living in a hotel, it's gonna be cool! I had a great tour around Montreal with a friend Monday night, and saw lots of happy Hab's Fans out and about! I fit in here with my two flags on my car, there are lots around! even the police officers have them! Tuesday I slept in and then met my roommate later on in the day! She is from Gatineau, and super sweet! and french :). We had a meet and greet that evening in the downstairs lobby of the Hotel. The first person I met was from Moncton, and we are the only two from the East Coast, out of 160 people. So within a half hour we were in the car, on our way to Game 6 Habs vs Boston! What an experience! We ended up gettin there 7 minutes into the first period, but it worked out great cause we got the last of the scalpers deals!=Seats one row up from the glass! Amazing! We had a great time there, especially with Montreal winning, and finally meeting my future husband Carey Price.. I am the only one here with car, so I try to keep it on the down-low. It is definitely handy though, we have been shopping a bit and just able to run and get something if we need it! Classes started on Wed, and I couldnt be happier for the company I am working for. They are truly amazing. We all got to meet the President, he insists that he meets all of his employees. He described to us how fortunate he is with all of his employees and his company. He was an amazing man. He told us how they contribute to the Childrens Wish Foundation as their main sponsor, and lots of great stories he has had the priveledge of taking part in since he's been a part of the Wish Foundation. Every Christmas Air Transat has flights out of Montreal Toronto and Vancouver taking children and volunteer flight attendants to "find santa in the north pole", sounds like a really fun opportunity. He also showed us a video of how Air Transat was the first company to fly into Haiti after the earthquake, and he had 500 more volunteers that he needed for the project, which constisted of Flight attendants flying down to Haiti, literally picking a child up off the street who lost their parents, and bringing them all home to Canada to meet a new family. The video was amazing, and even made some of us cry! All is all he's a cool man, who puts like 500,000$ away a year for staff parties.. sounds alright to me! He says that Air TRansat employees are just as good at partying as at working!! Classes are cool.. we are learing a lot of basic stuff now, uniforms, schedules, who we will be serving mainly, and so on.. Yesterday we started using the trolley's and serving drinks and stuff! It's all very cool! Everyone is super nice! about 40% from Vancouver, 40% Quebec, and 19.9% Toronto.. then me and Angie from the east coast!! So its Friday now! We have classes 3:30-11;30 pm.. long day's! But we are off tomorrow and sunday! I think the weekends will consists of lots of studying.. we have to memorize 168 airport codes.. example.. Halifax-YHZ.. yea.. not fun! Its been over 20 all week, so its beautiful! Chow for Now!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your boss sounds pretty amazing! Make sure you tell him about the Autism Society and your stint as volunteer haha ;) $500,000 seems like a nice budget for a staff party, you should be able to afford a few good bottles of wine! Seems like everything is fantastic, keep up the updates and remember while you are in montreal keep an eye out for my future husband Tomas Plekanec, we can all double date :) Take care, ps when can I come visit? Cheers Nat

    ReplyDelete