Saturday 4 June 2011

First pairing = Success!

So, Im back in Toronto.. after a wild few days! Survived my first pairing! Woo hoo! It was so cool! I was pretty nervous heading to the airport, but once I got there, all my stress left. We arrived in the crew room to find out there were 8 crew doing their first flight, the 9th started in January, and the 10th and 11th were our Flight director and Assistant Flight director! They were amazing, and helped us so much. We were so luck to have such awesome people working with us, or it could have been a disaster! The passengers were amazing, can't expect anything less coming from Scottish Passengers.. so much fun!! The flight flew by. I was worknig at the back of the plane, helping with the Galley work most of the time, but I did lts of serving as well. At the end of the flight, Marc, our flight director announced it was out first flight, and everyone clapped.. so I guess we did something right! When we got to Glasgow it was such a rush, so neat! It was 7am, so we all went to sleep until noon, then went and walked around and shopped, and then the whole crew went for drinks and supper together! It was really nice! The accents in Glasgow are outrageous.. I honestly couldn't understand half the time... some of our crew were like " are they actually speaking English", so funny! My Flight back was not as exciting as my flight there.. we had a very bumpy flight.. and I was working at the back again, so it was even worse! Midflight, everything going really smooth.. we sit down and have our break and we are eating.. then the plane just goes out of control for a few seconds, and people let out some screams.. and it was scaryy! We all fastened our seat belts and just waited.. then the Pilot made an announcement that a Jumbo Jet had flown over us and gave us a big gust of wind... We were all nervous after that.. and then we had to go through a storm to land, and it was very turbulent! Im glad that I had those two experiences in my first few flights, now I know what to expect. but I hope it doesn't happen again!! I am back in TO for a little rest, then I am heading to London Gatwick tomorrow, and then deadheading to Birmingham for a night, then back to Toronto for 2 days off!! Its all very exciting.. I am loving walking through the airport in my uniform.. someone already asked for for directions the other day, and then another man in scotland asked me today, and I couldnt help him.. (but it was in the scotland airport, so I had good reason).. hes like, "you look like someone that should know things".. I was like yea.. "look".... So my first experience was super.. looking forward to the next... I am running on Glascow time at the moment.. 1am.. so confusing to get a sleeping pattern. but I think as long as I sleep i'll be fine... Happy June everyone.. enjoy the sunshine, when it decides to come back!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment