Thursday 9 June 2011

Life of a Flight Attendant = Unreal!

Well, All I can say is wow! I am loving life.. after a week that is! I am sure I will complain someday, but how can I after the first 10 days! When I got back from Glasgow, I slept very well! I was kind of nervous that I wouldn't be able to sleep, and then be tired for my next flight, but It worked out fine! I went to London the next evening! I was lucky to have another great crew to London! I had a different position this time, in the middle of the plane. The last two flights I had worked at the back, helping set everything up mainly, but this time I was servin left right and center! I had a jumpseat right in the middle of the plane too, and was pretty much touching knees with some passengers in front of me!! It was cosy! We had a super smooth nice flight to London. We got there at 10am, and then took this really nice Bus to Birmingham. We all slept the whole way! I went right to bed when we got to the hotel too, and slept until 6:30 or so! Its so hard when your in these beautiful new places, and all you want to do is sleep! (there is a picture of birmingham there.. but it kinda looks more like venice!)I woke up and Phil came to visit me, and we went for supper and some drinks! It was super nice to see him, and catch up! I went back and had a bath.. which is so inviting in all these hotels we stay in!! I got up early the next day and did some shopping before we had to take off! We flew from Birmingham to Toronto at 1. So we arrived around 4pm! We had a medical incident on that flight, a lady got really sick and was kind of passing in and out, then her son fainted watching her get sick! So we called for doctors and ther were luckily 2 on board and they took good care of the passengers. Its pretty nerve wrecking when someone is that sick.. not like we can just pull over anywhere for them. It must feel so awful being really sick on a plane! Most of the time you feel like crap on a plane anyway! When we arrived in Toronto, Angie picked me up and we went for supper and caught up! Its been so Hot in toronto, broke the record of 60 years yesterday here.. it was 43 with the humidity! Luckily we found some great islanders and hung out at their pool all day(picture of pool)!! So Thankful!, it was amazing. Today Angie headed home for a week, and tomorrow I head to PARIS for the weekend.. should be interesting.. but to be honest I'm more nervous about using my french al weekend then I am excited to go!! I am heading home to the Island on Monday if all goes well, and should be home for the whole week! Hopefully some of this Central Canadian heat will move on down the coast and keep me good company next week! We have a facebook group so that we can post our schedules and switch our flights around if we want to, so its really convienent. I was suppose to go back to Glasgow this weekend, but I switched it for a Paris flight, and then was suppose to go to Glasgow again the 19th, but switched it for a London on the 21st.... so its really easy to swtich things around, which is awesome for us! We can pretty much go home whenever we want! We have to fly standby with Porter, so as long as the planes not full, we get home for free :)! Hope I didn't bore you... I will update you soon on my Paris experience.. should be interesting!! A Bientot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment