Thursday 18 August 2011

When in Rome


Roomies!

Home sweet Home
Where did August go?? Where did the summer go!! Flight attendants have warned me that time goes by fast working this sorta job, but holy cow! My week at home was really awesome! Its so nice to be home and not have any plans. Got to see everyone, and spend lots of time with ma! I now believe it when people say that PEI summer weather is the shits.. I got to experience it all too, rain everyday for a week! Well, except for the tractor pulls, firsr time ever without rain! I came back last week and then went to Rome the next day. Such an amazing city! We arrived around 2PM, I slept for an hour or so, then went out with another girl on my crew to walk around the city. It was so hot there too! We ended up losing each other, which wasnt fun, but we were both safe so it was okay! I went out for supper with two girls, and we experienced the real Italian setting. We sat outside, ate pasta & bread, and listened to a man play his accordion beside us.. aanndd, even had a rat run down the street under our feet! eek! We walked around until about midnight. The only thing I didn't see was the Coliseum, but I am going back next week, so I will get a look at it then! The flying part was a lot different then my normal flights. It was about 10 hours on the way home, so long! But the passengers were awesome, and no complaints, or turbulence! Twas great! I have been off for the past 3 days now, and today as well. I fly to London tomorrow evening. We have just been enjoying the weather really. We found a HUGE pool outside our house, about a 5 minute walk, on the beach. Its so nice, and free, so even better! Sophie's friends came down for a Blink 182 concert, and are spread out all over the house now! We don't have much room, but we managed, and it was fun! Our new apt is coming together! we pick up a few things here and there. We are in an awesome location, so close to everything. and me and the girls went out to eat the other night at this amazing Thai restaurant, and its so close to our house, and cheap! So we are finding new things all the time, but everything is so easy to get to! I have only used my car like once in the two weeks we have been here, just to pick some stuff up at Ikea.. which for those of you that dont know, is the best store on the planet! Anyways, my next two weeks will be busy. London till sunday, then I leave monday to go to Dublin/Exeter/Newcastle, then come home and have  day off, and Erinn is coming, then off to Rome again next weekend!! Then its almost September.. ahh!! enjoy the past two weeks of August y'all!! <3 xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment